Benefits - Change Enrollments
Chief Human Resource Officer
UVA HRMS Benefits Specialist
Entering Benefits at Open Enrollment PRO7004H (Document under review)
Maintain Beneftis PRO7005H (Document under review)
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® People Enter & Maintain
1. If the current effective date is the date you wish to use, click on the [No] button. If not, click on the [Yes] button, enter the date you wish to use in the Effective Date field, and click on [OK].
Finding an Existing Person
2. Enter all or part of the person's last name in the Full Name field, using the wildcard character (%) as desired, to restrict your search.
3. Click on the [Find] button.
4. If the person is found in the database compare the first name, last name, social security number, or other known information with that in the database to ensure that it is the correct person.
5. Click on the [Assignment] button.
6. Use the down arrow on your keyboard to locate the assignment you need to update.
7. Click on the [Entries] button.
8. To change information about an existing enrollment, select the element from the list by clicking on it.
The Effective Date From field defaults to the date to which you are date-tracked. If this is not the date the change will be effective, select the Alter Effective Date icon on the toolbar. Enter the correct date in the Effective Date field and click on the [OK] button. Then select View ® Find all from the menu to be sure you are viewing the elements for the termination date.
9. Select the Reason field. If there is an existing reason that you wish to retain, copy and paste it into the Element Comments field in the Additional Element Entry Info. Flexfield following these steps:
10. Complete the reason field with the new reason. Use the list of values to select the reason for changing the element. All benefit reasons begin with "zBen". Search using the letter "z".
11. If the Choose an Option dialog box opens, click on either [Update] (if you wish to retain a history of your changes) or [Correction] (if you are correcting something entered in error).
12. The Element Entries flexfield to the right of the Reason field displays automatically after entering the reason.
13. Enter any Element Comments and click on the [OK] button.
The Additional and Processed checkboxes are completed by the Payroll process. If checked, they indicate whether additional entries may have been entered via the Batch Element Entry process and whether the element processed successfully in the payroll update.
14. Click on the [Entry Values] button.
This is a sample of an Entry Values form. Each form contains fields related to the specific element selected and is different for each element. Examples of entry values include, but are not limited to: Coverage Amount, Coverage type, Amount, Coverage Start Date, and Coverage End Date.
15. Make the appropriate changes to the entry values form for the element selected.
16. Close the Entry values form.
17. If the Select an Option dialog box opens, click on either [Update] (if you wish to retain a history of your changes) or [Correction] (if you are correcting something entered in error).
18. To change additional elements, repeat the same steps for additional lines on the element entries form.
If needed, click on the Alter Effective Date icon on the toolbar to change the effective date for each element to be changed before entering the new element.
19. Save your work.
20. Close all forms and return to the Navigator.
Revision: 1 03/25/04
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.