Benefits - Terminate Enrollments
Chief Human Resource Officer
UVA HRMS Benefits Specialist
Entering Benefits at Open Enrollment PRO7004H (Document under review)
Terminate Benefits PRO7006H (Document under review)
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® People Enter & Maintain
1. If the current effective date is the date you wish to use, click on the [No] button. If not, click on the [Yes] button, enter the date you wish to use in the Effective Date field, and click on [OK].
Finding an Existing Person
2. Enter all or part of the person's last name in the Full Name field, using the wildcard character (%) as desired, to restrict your search.
3. Click on the [Find] button.
4. If the person is found in the database compare the first name, last name, social security number, or other known information with that in the database to ensure that it is the correct person.
4. Click on the [Assignment] button.
5. Use the down arrow on your keyboard to locate the assignment you need to update.
6. Click on the [Entries] Button.
7. Select the element to terminate from the list by clicking on it.
Be sure you have date tracked to the day that you wish the termination to be effective. If you have not date tracked to the correct date, click on the Alter Effective Date icon to set the effective date. Then select View ® Find all from the menu to be sure you are viewing the elements for the termination date.
Some elements will be automatically terminated based on the employee termination date or change to a non-qualifying People Group. Employee-paid benefits (such as health insurance) must be manually terminated. These instructions also includes the voluntary or involuntary cancellation of a benefit.
8. Click the Delete icon on the toolbar.
9. Click on the [Yes] button.
10. Click on the [End Date] button.
11. Save your work.
12. Select View ® Find All from the menu to see the element with the end date displayed on screen.
13. Select the element again by clicking on it.
14. If there is a reason specified for this element, you must copy the reason from the Reason field to the Element Comments field on the Add'l Element Entry Info flexfield. To do so:
15. Click on the [Correction] button.
16. Click in the Reason field and use the list of values to select the reason for terminating the element. All benefits reasons begin with "zBen". Search using the letter "z".
17. The Add'l Element Entry Info flexfield is displayed again. Add any additional element comments and click on the [OK] button.
18. Click on the [Entry Values] button.
This is a sample of an Entry Values form. Each form contains fields related to the specific element selected and is different for each element. Examples of entry values include, but are not limited to: Coverage Amount, Coverage type, Amount, Coverage Start Date, and Coverage End Date.
19. Enter the appropriate date in the Coverage End Date field.
20. Close the Entry Values form.
21. Save your work.
22. To terminate additional elements, repeat the same steps for additional lines on the element entries form.
If needed, click on the Alter Date Track icon on the toolbar to change the effective date for each element to terminate before terminating the new element.
21. Close all forms and return to the Navigator.
Revision: 1 03/25/04
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.