Maintain - Change Assignment
Chief Human Resource Officer
UVA HRMS Staffing Specialist
UVA HRMS Staffing Manager
UVA HRMS Records Specialist
UVA HRMS Records Manager
UVA HRMS Specialist
UVA HRMS Faculty/Staff Reviewer
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® People Enter & Maintain
1. If the current effective date is the date you wish to use, click on the [No] button. If not, click on the [Yes] button, enter the date you wish to use in the Effective Date field, and click on [OK].
Finding an Existing Person
2. Enter all or part of the person's last name in the Full Name field, using the wildcard character (%) as desired, to restrict your search.
3. Click on the [Find] button.
4. If the person is found in the database compare the first name, last name, social security number, or other known information with that in the database to ensure that it is the correct person.
5. Click on the [Assignment] button.
If an employee changes positions (leaves one position for another) but does not change payrolls, update the primary assignment for that person to reflect the details of the new position, rather than creating a new assignment if the payroll for the old and new position are the same. For faculty and students, follow the instructions in the Find Assignment section (step 5) of this document.
If an employee changes positions (leaves one position for another) and changes payrolls, add a new assignment and save it. Then make the new assignment primary. Date track to the day after the last day the old primary assignment was active and change the status of that assignment to Terminate Assignment and complete the Assignment Change Reason field in the Additional Assignment Details flexfield. If the employee has not changed their bank account in the last year, a new direct deposit form is required.
If you are adding an additional assignment to an employee record, create a new assignment, leaving the primary assignment record as it is. Follow instructions in the Add or Update Assignment Information section (step 7).
If an employee has a wage assignment and is adding a salaried assignment and keeping the wage assignment, add a new assignment for the salaried assignment, placing a check in the Primary checkbox. When the new primary assignment is changed, the primary checkmark will be automatically removed from the wage assignment. In this way, the employee will have two assignments, with the primary assignment being the salaried assignment (step 7).
6. Use the up and down arrows on the keyboard to locate the assignment you wish to update.
7. If you wish to find the primary assignment, click on the Miscellaneous tab on the Assignment form and look for the assignment with a check in the Primary checkbox. If you do not see the Miscellaneous tab, select the arrow to the right of the tabs to select from the list.
Goto task #9.
Create New Assignment
8. Click on the New Record icon (green plus sign) on the toolbar to get a new blank record.
Goto task #9.
Add or Update Assignment Information
9. If the effective date of the change is not the date to which you are date tracked, click on the Date Track button on the Toolbar. Enter the appropriate effective date and click on the OK button.
10. Make any changes necessary to the assignment record. Changing the Position will automatically change the Job and Organization to those associated with the new position.
11. Enter or change the Organization number in the Organization field.
12. Click on the [Update] button.
13. Click in the Group field, if it does not automatically appear.
14. Enter or change the following fields in the People Group Flexfield form as necessary.
15. Click on the [OK] button.
16. Enter or change the remaining fields:
Select [No] in the Decision box.
17.Click on the Salary Information tab.
If the tab is not visible, click on the arrow to the right of the tabs, and select from the drop-down list.
18. In the Salary Basis field, use list of values to enter or change the salary basis. This field is required for all paid assignments.
19. Click on the Supervisor tab.
20. Enter or change details for the person as required in the Supervisor region.
21. Click on the Standard Conditions tab.
22. Enter or change the information in the Standard Conditions region.
23. Click on the Statutory Information tab.
24. Click in the long field. The GREs and Other Data form will open.
25. Enter or change the following fields.
26. Click on the [OK] button.
27. Click on the [Update] button.
28. Click on the Miscellaneous tab.
29. If this is the primary appointment, place a check in the Primary checkbox.
If you are adding a salaried assignment and the employee already has a wage assignment and will keep the wage assignment in addition to the salaried assignment, create the new salaried assignment and save. Close the assignment window. Click on the [Assignment] button, down arrow to the new salaried assignment and select the Miscellaneous tab. Check Primary checkbox. Save as a correction. Saving the new primary assignment will cause the checkmark to be removed from the old primary assignment.
Additional Assignment Details
30. Click the flexfield in the bottom right corner.
31. Enter or change Additional Assignment Details information.
32. Click on the [OK] button.
33. Save your work.
34. Click on the [Cancel] button. The hours will revert to how many hours are on the position if you click on [OK]. Clicking on [Cancel] will keep the hours you have entered on the Assignment form.
35. Click on the [Salary] button
If the most recent salary proposal is approved, you must enter the changes on a new salary proposal form. Click on the New Record icon (green plus sign) on the toolbar to get a new blank record. If the most recent salary proposal is not approved, you may make changes to the existing record.
36. Enter or change the following fields in the Salary Proposal region:
37. Save your work.
38. Close the Salary Administration form.
Complete this section for all non-exempt salaried, wage, UVA Temp, faculty hourly wage, and student wage employees. Do not complete this section for salaried faculty, professional research staff and exempt staff.
39. Click on the [Time Information] button on the Assignment form.
40. Click on the [No] button.
41. Enter or change the following fields.
42. Save your work.
43. Click on the [Update] or [Correction] button.
44. Close the Assignment form.
45. Close all forms and return to the Navigator.
Revision: 19 wss
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.