Payroll - Entering/Updating an Employee's Bank Information
Chief Human Resource Officer
HRMS Payroll Administrator
HRMS Payroll Specialist
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® People Enter & Maintain
1. If the current effective date is the date you wish to use, click on the [No] button. If not, click on the [Yes] button, enter the date you wish to use in the Effective Date field, and click on [OK].
If you are date-tracked to a date in the middle of a pay period, the bank information will be changed for only the time period after the effective date. This would cause you to have two sets of bank information in the same pay period.
Finding an Existing Person
2. Enter all or part of the person's last name in the Full Name field, using the wildcard character (%) as desired, to restrict your search.
3. Click on the [Find] button.
4. If the person is found in the database compare the first name, last name, social security number, or other known information with that in the database to ensure that it is the correct person.
5. Click on the [Assignment] button.
6. Click on the [Others...] button.
7. Select Pay Method from the list of Navigation Options and click on the [OK] button.
8. Select the name of the Payment Method from the list of values for the Name field.
The options include:
If you select NACHA, you must complete the Bank Details information.
9. In the Priority field enter "1" if you are setting up the first payment method. Enter "2" or "3", etc. if you are setting up subsequent methods.
10. In the Percentage field, enter 100.
11. For a payment method of NACHA, click in the Bank Details field, and change the information as appropriate.
12. Enter the employee's bank information in the Bank Details window as follows:
13. In the block for Prenote Information check the Issued checkbox.
The current date will default.
When entering information for a new employee, enter a date two weeks prior to the hire date in the Prenote Information Date field.
If this is a change to an existing employee, enter a date two weeks prior to the change in the Prenote Information Date field.
14. Save your work and close the window.
15. If the employee has more than one assignment, ensure that you make the change(s) for all assignments.
Revision: 2 06/23/05 pm
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.