Payroll - Entering/Updating an Employee's Tax Information
Chief Human Resource Officer
HRMS Payroll Administrator
HRMS Payroll Specialist
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® People Enter & Maintain
1. If the current effective date is the date you wish to use, click on the [No] button. If not, click on the [Yes] button, enter the date you wish to use in the Effective Date field, and click on [OK].
If you are date-tracked to a date in the middle of a pay period, the bank information will be changed for only the time period after the effective date. This would cause you to have two sets of tax information in the same pay period.
Finding an Existing Person
2. Enter all or part of the person's last name in the Full Name field, using the wildcard character (%) as desired, to restrict your search.
3. Click on the [Find] button.
4. If the person is found in the database compare the first name, last name, social security number, or other known information with that in the database to ensure that it is the correct person.
5. Click on the [Assignment] button.
6. Click on the [Tax Info] button.
7. Change the fields in the W4 Information, Tax Exemption, and FIT Override blocks, and the EIC Filing Status field as appropriate.
8. If you need to change State Tax information, click on the [State Tax] button.
9. Save your work and close the window.
10. If the employee has more than one assignment, ensure that you make the change(s) for all assignments.
Revision: 2 06/23/05 pm
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.