Payroll - Updating Element Entries
Chief Human Resource Officer
HRMS Payroll Administrator
HRMS Payroll Specialist
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
Updating Element Entries
The element is used for normal processing of a deduction, benefit, leave, or pay type. The special input element is used to replace or add to the normal result of an element.
For example, an employee who is hired in the middle of a pay period may have an ongoing parking deduction of $11.00 per month. In the month the employee starts, parking should be $4.00. In element entry, the parking element should be entered along with special inputs, replace, and $4.00.
N ® People Enter & Maintain
1. If the current effective date is the date you wish to use, click on the [No] button. If not, click on the [Yes] button, enter the date you wish to use in the Effective Date field, and click on [OK].
Finding an Existing Person
2. Enter all or part of the person's last name in the Full Name field, using the wildcard character (%) as desired, to restrict your search.
3. Click on the [Find] button.
4. If the person is found in the database compare the first name, last name, social security number, or other known information with that in the database to ensure that it is the correct person.
5. Click on the [Assignment] button.
6. Page (or arrow) down until you find the employee assignment for which you are making a manual entry.
7. Click on the [Entries] button.
8. Click on the first available Element Name field.
9. Select the element from the list of values and click on the [OK] button.
10. Select a reason from the list of values for the Reason field if appropriate.
11. Click on the [Entry Values] button and enter the appropriate entry values.
Entry Values are determined on an element-by-element basis. For example, The Shift Differential elements have "Hours" as on of the input values, whereas the parking element has "Fee Code" for an input value.
12. Save your work and close all windows.
Revision: 2 06/23/05 pm
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.