Maintain - Make an Employee a Retiree
Chief Human Resource Officer
UVA HRMS Records Specialist
UVA HRMS Records Manager
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® People Enter & Maintain
1. If the current effective date is the date you wish to use, click on the [No] button. If not, click on the [Yes] button, enter the date you wish to use in the Effective Date field, and click on [OK].
Finding an Existing Person
2. Enter all or part of the person's last name in the Full Name field, using the wildcard character (%) as desired, to restrict your search.
3. Click on the [Find] button.
4. If the person is found in the database compare the first name, last name, social security number, or other known information with that in the database to ensure that it is the correct person.
Terminate an Employee
5. Click on the [Others] button.
6. Select End Employment from the list of values and click on the [OK] button.
7. Complete the following fields:
8. Click on the [Terminate] button.
9. Click on the [OK] button for the caution message.
Enter Final Process Date
10. Complete the Final Process date field.
11. Save your work.
12. Click on the [OK] button for the caution message.
13. Close the Terminate Window.
Date Track to Day After Termination
14. Click on the [Alter Effective Date] icon on the toolbar.
15. Enter the day after the employee was final terminated in the Effective Date field.
16. Click on the [OK] button.
Change Person Type to Retiree
17. Complete the following field:
18. Save your work.
19. Click on the [Update] button.
20. Click on the [OK] button.
21. Save your work.
22. Close all forms and return to the Navigator.
Revision: 2 wss2d
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.