Positions - Changing
Chief Human Resource Officer
UVA HRMS Position Control Specialist
UVA HRMS Records Specialist
UVA HRMS Records Manager
Positions PRO7003H (Document under review)
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® Work Structures ® Position Description
1. If the current effective date is the date you wish to use, click on the [No] button. If not, click on the [Yes] button, enter the date you wish to use in the Effective Date field, and click on [OK].
Find the Position to Change
2. Enter search criteria in any of the fields on the screen.
3. Click on the [Find] button.
4. If more than one record is found, use the down arrow on the keyboard to locate the position you wish to edit.
Editing a Position
5. Verify or update the following fields:
6. Click in the Date Effective Name field (in the Position Details region) to open the Position Flexfield form.
7. Verify or update the following fields:
8. Click on the [OK] button.
9. Continue verifying or updating the Position form.
You cannot change the organization or job once you have saved your definition.
Additional Position Details
10. Click in the Additional Position Details flexfield to the right of the Further Info field.
11. Verify or update the following fields:
12. Click on the [OK] button.
11. Click on the Work Terms tab.
13. Verify and update the Standard Conditions alternate region. Working hours and Frequency default from the organization, however you can change the defaults.
14. Click the Valid Grades button to update the grades to which position holders can be assigned.
15. If the grade is changing, place an end date in the Dates To field for the old grade.
16. Create a new grade by completing the following fields on a new line:
17. Save your work.
18. Close the Valid Grades form.
19. Save your work.
20. Close all forms and return to the Navigator.
Revision: 2 wss2d
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.