Payroll - Adjusting Balances
Chief Human Resource Officer
HRMS Payroll Administrator
HRMS Payroll Specialist
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® People Enter & Maintain
1. If the current effective date is the date you wish to use, click on the [No] button. If not, click on the [Yes] button, enter the date you wish to use in the Effective Date field, and click on [OK].
Finding an Existing Person
2. Enter all or part of the person's last name in the Full Name field, using the wildcard character (%) as desired, to restrict your search.
3. Click on the [Find] button.
4. Click on the [Assignment] button.
5. Ensure you are on the correct assignment for the employee.
6. Click on the [Others...] button.
Adjusting Balances (other than Tax Balances)
7. If you are adjusting tax balances, go to step #13.
8. Select Adjust Balances from the list of values and click on the [OK] button.
The effective date and the corresponding payroll and pay period for this employee will default.
The default consolidation set for the payroll for this employee assignment appears in the Consolidation Set field.
9. Select the element to which you are making the adjustment from the list of values for the Element Name field.
10. Click on the [OK] button.
The names of the input values appear under the Element Name field.
11. Make changes or entries to the input values as necessary.
12. Save your work.
The system processes the new element entries and creates a run result for the element. The Status region displays the progress of this processing.
If the process ends with a status of Error, check that the units of measure for the entry values are correct.
Adjusting Tax Balances
13. To make adjustments to tax balances, select Adjust Tax Balances from the List of values.
14. Click on the [OK] button.
The Adjust Tax Balances window enables you to adjust Employee Withheld balances, Gross Earnings Subject to Tax Balances, or both at once.
15. To adjust amounts actually withheld for an employee for various taxes, enter the amount for each affected tax.
For example, if an employee receives sick pay from an insurance company, you will enter the amounts that the insurance company reports was deducted for various federal, state, and local taxes when making this payment.
When you save these entries, the system updates the Employee Withheld balance for each of these taxes for the employee.
16. Save your work and close all windows.
Revision: 2 06/28/05 pm
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.