Events and Bookings - Schedule Orientation
Chief Human Resource Officer
UVA HRMS Benefits Specialist
UVA HRMS Benefits Counselor
UVA HRMS Staffing Specialist
UVA HRMS Staffing Manager
UVA HRMS Records Specialist
UVA HRMS Records Manager
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
You may schedule events for employees and applicants using two methods. Choose one of the following options, then follow the directions in either the Option 1: People Form or Option 2: Event Bookings Form sections of this document.
Option 1: People Form
N ® People Enter & Maintain
1. If the current effective date is the date you wish to use, click on the [No] button. If not, click on the [Yes] button, enter the date you wish to use in the Effective Date field, and click on [OK].
Finding an Existing Person
2. Enter all or part of the person's last name in the Full Name field, using the wildcard character (%) as desired, to restrict your search.
3. Click on the [Find] button.
4. If the person is found in the database compare the first name, last name, social security number, or other known information with that in the database to ensure that it is the correct person.
Schedule an Orientation
5. Click on the [Others...] button.
6. Select Bookings and click the [OK] button.
7. Complete the following field:
8. Repeat for all events you wish to schedule for this person.
9. Save your work.
10. Close all forms and return to the Navigator.
Option 2: Event Bookings Form
N ® Event Bookings
Finding an Existing Event
11. From the View menu, select Query by Example ® Enter.
12. Enter the search criteria. Use the Type field if you know the event type, or other fields such as Date Start and Time Start.
13. From the View menu, select Query by Example ® Run.
14. If there is more than one record found, place your cursor in the Type field and use the down arrow on the keyboard to locate the event date and time you are looking for.
Schedule Participants for an Event
15. Complete the following field in a blank line in the Bookings region of the form. If no blank lines are available, click the New Record icon on the toolbar.
16. Repeat for all applicants or employees you wish to schedule for this event.
17. Save your changes.
18. Close all forms and return to the Navigator.
Revision: 2 wss2d
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.