Hire UVA Temp Employee
Chief Human Resource Officer
UVA HRMS Staffing Specialist
UVA HRMS Staffing Manager
UVA HRMS Records Specialist
UVA HRMS Records Manager
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® People Enter & Maintain
1. If the current effective date is the date you wish to use, click on the [No] button. If not, click on the [Yes] button, enter the date you wish to use in the Effective Date field, and click on [OK].
Finding an Existing Person
2. Enter all or part of the applicant's last name in the Full Name field, using the wildcard character (%) as desired, to restrict your search.
3. Click on the [Find] button.
4. If the applicant is found in the database compare the first name, last name, social security number, or other known information with that in the database to ensure that it is the correct person.
Change Applicant to Employee
5. Click on the Alter Effective Date icon on the toolbar and date track to the date of hire.
You may not hire someone on the same day that you accepted the application, so the date of hire must be at least one day after that day.
Complete Social Security Number
6. Complete the following fields in the top section of the People form:
7. Use the list of values to change the Action field to "Hire Applicant", and then select "Employee".
8. Click the [Update] button
9. Check the Primary Flag checkbox and click [OK].
10. Save your work.
11. Click the [Address] button.
12. Verify address information is correct with the employee and that the primary address is not a foreign home address.
the address is a foreign address (outside the
Verify that [Home] is selected for the address type.
The Address form under the Others... button is used for the foreign address. University Payroll will ensure that the employee's W-2 is sent to the foreign home address
13. Click the [Others] button.
14. Select Phones from the list of values and click the [OK] button.
15. Verify with the employee that the phone information is correct.
16. Save your work.
17. Close the Phone Numbers form.
Enter Assignment Information
18. Click on the [Assignment] button.
19. Complete the following fields:
20. Click on the Salary Information tab.
21. Use the list of values to enter “hourly rate” in the Salary Basis field. (Required for all paid assignments.)
22. Click on the Supervisor tab.
23. Enter details for the person as required in the Supervisor region as follows:
24. Click on the Standard Conditions tab.
25. Verify that the information in the Standard Conditions region is correct. Change the following information if necessary:
26. Click on the Statutory Information tab.
27. Click in the long field. The GREs and Other Data form will open.
28. Complete the following fields:
29. Click the [OK] button.
Additional Assignment Details
31. Click in the Additional Assignment Details flexfield in the bottom right corner.
32. Enter Additional Assignment Details information as follows:
33. Click the [OK] button.
34. Save your work.
35. Click the [Salary] button.
36. Complete the following fields in the Salary Proposal region:
37. Save your work.
The proposed salary is subject to the salary approval process. It will be forwarded through the approval process.
38. Close the Salary Administration form.
IS Time Management
Complete this section for all UVA Temp employees. Do not complete this section for goal pay or unit pay assignments.
39. Click on the [Time Information] button.
40. If you are date tracked, click the [No] button; if not, click the [Yes] button.
41. Complete the following fields:
42. Click on the [OK] button.
43. Save your work.
44. Close all forms and return to the Navigator.
Revision: 5 04/27/06 pm
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.