Discoverer - Use or Lose Leave Report
Chief Human Resource Officer
HRMS Payroll Administrator
HRMS Payroll Specialist
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
Use or Lose Leave Report
This report contains two worksheets. The Annual worksheet provides an estimate of the annual hours that will be lost (if no leave is taken) as of the last day of the last pay period that precedes use or lose cut-off date. (The cut-off date for Use or Lose Annual leave is the last day of the pay period prior to the pay period that contains the date “January 1, xxxx”. The Compensatory Leave worksheet provides information related to Compensatory Leave (Comp Special and Comp), and Recognition Leave that will be lost one year from the date it is earned. You may retrieve use or lose leave information for all of the employees in the organization or for a single employee.
1. Activate the VPN
2. To Access Discoverer click on
3. Enter the Connection fields:
4. Click on the [Connect] button.
5. Select the UVA ODS Specialist-Limited responsibility.
6. Click on the [OK] button.
7. Click on the icon for "Open an existing workbook".
8. Click on the icon for "Database".
9. Use the scroll bar to find "IS.PAY_Leave Use or Lose Report"
10. Click on the [Open] button.
11. Select "Open the workbook in the current database account".
12. Click on [OK].
13. Click on the [Yes] button.
14. Enter the required Parameters.
15. Click on the [Finish] button.
There are two sheets in this report:
Effective: July 2, 2009
Copyright 2004 University of Virginia and Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.