Creating Mailing Labels Using MS Word 2003
Chief Human Resource Officer
UVA HRMS Specialist
UVA HRMS Faculty/Staff Reviewer
UVA HRMS Viewer
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
1. Open Microsoft Word 2003.
2. From the Tools menu, choose Letters and Mailing and then Mail Merge Wizard.
3. Select Labels for the document type.
4. Click on Next: Starting Document.
5. Click on Label options to ensure that the correct label product and size is selected.
6. Select the appropriate Label product, Product number and Printer Tray, and click on the [OK] button.
7. Click on Next: Select Recipients.
8. Click on Browse...
9. Find the labels file and click on the [Open] button.
10. Click on the [Select All] button.
11. Click on the [OK] button.
12. Optionally, click on Select a different list... or Edit recipient list....
13. Click on Next: Arrange your labels.
14. Click on Address block.
15. Select the format for the employee's name, and click on the [Match Fields] button.
16. Select the fields that you want to appear in the address block by clicking on the drop-down arrow for that field.
The Address Line 2 and Address Line 3 are under the "Optional information" heading.
17. Click on the [OK] button.
18. Click on the [Update all Labels] button.
19. Click on Preview labels.
20. You can preview individual labels or make changes to the recipient list by clicking on Find a recipient... or Edit recipient list.... respectively.
21. Click on Next: Complete the merge.
22. Select the All button to merge all records (labels), and click on the [OK] button.
23. Select the printer properties as appropriate and click on the [OK] button to print the labels.
Revision: 1 06/07/04
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.