Hire Promotions, Demotions, & Transfers - Staffing Division
Chief Human Resource Officer
UVA HRMS Staffing Specialist
UVA HRMS Staffing Manager
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® People Enter & Maintain
1. Date track to the hire date. If the current effective date is the date you wish to use, click on the [No] button. If not, click on the [Yes] button, enter the date you wish to use in the Effective Date field (the hire date), and click on the [OK] button.
Finding an Existing Person
3. Enter all or part of the person's last name in the Full Name field, using the wildcard character (%) as desired, to restrict your search.
4. Click on the [Find] button.
5. If the person is found in the database compare the first name, last name, social security number, or other known information with that in the database to ensure that it is the correct person.
Change Person Type to Employee
6. Select the appropriate person type from the list of values and click on the [OK] button.
7. Click on the [Update] button.
8. Save your work.
9. Click on the [OK] button for the caution message that says the following: "This hire will terminate all unaccepted applicant assignments. Continue?".
10. Click on the [OK] button for the caution message that the following: "Do you want to update the primary assignment?"
11. Click the [Cancel] button for the caution message that says the following: "Do you want to retain the values of employee primary assignment for the fields which are not defined in the applicant assignment?"
12. Click on the [Address] button.
13. Verify address information is correct with the employee and that the primary address is not a foreign home address.
the address is a foreign address (outside the
Verify that [Home] is selected for the address type.
The Address form under the Others... button is used for the foreign address. University Payroll will ensure that the employee's W-2 is sent to the foreign home address
14. Click in the Additional Address Details flexfield to the right of the Date To field.
15. Indicate whether to publish the home phone and address in the UVA phone directory by entering Yes or No for classified salaried employees only.
16. Click on the [OK] button.
17. Close the Address form.
18. Click on the [Others...] button.
19. Select Phones from the list of values and click on the [OK] button.
20. Verify the phone information as correct with the employee.
21. Save your work.
22. Close all forms and return to the Navigator.
Revision: 3 dd/mr/wss2d 1/18/06
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.