Hire Promotions, Demotions, & Transfers - Records Division
Chief Human Resource Officer
UVA HRMS Records Specialist
UVA HRMS Records Manager
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® People Enter & Maintain
1. If the current effective date is the date you wish to use, click on the [No] button. If not, click on the [Yes] button, enter the date you wish to use in the Effective Date field, and click on [OK].
Finding an Existing Person
2. Enter all or part of the person's last name in the Full Name field, using the wildcard character (%) as desired, to restrict your search.
3. Click on the [Find] button.
4. If the person is found in the database compare the first name, last name, social security number, or other known information with that in the database to ensure that it is the correct person.
5. Click on the [Assignment] button.
6. Complete the following fields on the top section of the Assignment form:
7. Click on the Supervisor tab.
8. Enter details for the person as required in the Supervisor region as follows:
Probation & Notice Period
9. Click on the Probation & Notice Period tab.
10. Complete the following fields.
11. Click on the Standard Conditions tab.
12. Verify that the information in the Standard Conditions region is correct. Change information if necessary.
13. Save your work.
14. Click on the Statutory Information tab.
15. Click in the long field. The GREs and Other Data form will open.
16. Complete the following fields:
17. Click on the [OK] button.
18. Click on the Salary Information tab.
19. In the Salary Basis field, use list of values to enter the salary basis. This field is required for all paid assignments.
20. Save your work.
Additional Assignment Details
21. Click in the Additional Assignment Details flexfield in the bottom right corner.
22. Enter Additional Assignment Details information as follows:
23. Click on the [OK] button.
24. Click on the [Salary] button.
25. Complete the following fields in the Salary Proposal region:
26. Save your work.
The proposed salary is subject to the salary approval process. It will be forwarded through the approval process.
27. Close the Salary Administration form.
28. Click on the [Others...] button on the Assignment form.
29. Select Budget Values from the list of values and click on the [OK] button.
30. Click on the [No] button if asked to change the effective date.
31. Complete the following fields:
32. Save your work.
IS Time Management
Complete this section for all classified salaried, classified wage, UVA Temp, research assistant, faculty wage, and student wage employees. Do not complete this section for salaried faculty and research associates.
33. Click on the [Time Information] button on the Assignment form.
34. If you are datetracked, click on the [No] button; if not, click on the [Yes] button.
35. Complete the following fields:
36. Click on the [OK] button.
37. Save your work.
38. Close the Assignment form.
39. Close all forms and return to the Navigator.
Revision: 1 03/30/04
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.