Applicants - Evaluating Applicants
Chief Human Resource Officer
UVA HRMS Staffing Specialist
UVA HRMS Staffing Manager
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
UHR Recruiters will evaluate applicants based on their education and experience in relation to the job codes for which they apply.
N ® People Enter & Maintain
1. Use today's date to determine if the applicant exists in IS. If the current effective date is today's date, click on the [No] button. Otherwise, click on the [Yes] button, enter today's date in the Effective date field, and click on the [OK] button.
Finding an Existing Applicant
2. Enter all or part of the applicant's last name in the Full Name field, using the wildcard character (%) if desired, to restrict your search.
3. Click on the [Find] button.
4. If the person is found in the database, compare the first name, middle name, last name, and social security number on the application with that in the database to ensure that they are the same person.
5. Click the [Others…] button.
6. Select Competence Profile from the list of values and click on the [OK] button.
7. Click in the first blank competence field and complete the following fields:
8. Click in the next blank line and repeat the prior step for all recruitment categories selected by the applicant.
9. If necessary, click on the new record icon on the toolbar for additional blank lines to enter recruitment categories.
10. Complete the following fields:
11. Save your work.
12. Close the Competence Profile form.
13. Close all forms and return to the Navigator.
Effective: 01/11/05 pm
Revision: 2 04/25/06 pm
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.