Defining Distribution Adjustments for PTAEO Credits
Chief Human Resource Officer
Refer to Defining Distribution Adjustments.
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
N ® Distribution Adjustments
1. Find the Distributions for an employee by completing the following fields:
Important note regarding end dates:
If you are adjusting the final pay period for an employee who has terminated, you must use the same end date as the date of termination. If the Distribution Adjustment end date used is after the termination date, the Distribution Adjustment will fail and the transaction will be reversed. Therefore, when an employee is terminated, the termination date should be used instead of the current payroll end date. To verify the employee’s termination date, review the employee in the HR module.
2. In the Adjust by region click on the radio button that identifies the Hierarchy Level you wish to use to perform the adjustment.
Important note regarding the "Adjust by" Box:
The choices in the "Adjust by" box refer to the type of pay (Regular or Premium) and expenditure types that were distributed for the dates identified for the adjustment. If only one expenditure type was distributed, the Assignment level may be used. If only one group - Regular or Premium pay was distributed, then Element Group may be used. However, if the employee was paid any combination of expenditure types you must select Element in the "Adjust by" box. This is the only way the auto pop rules will work.
Line items that are distributed by the same name element and the same expenditure type may be transferred at the same time.
3. Click on the [Find] button. The Distribution Adjustments window is displayed.
The Actual Distributions region shows the credit as a minus.
4. Click on the [View Details] button to view the details of the adjustment.
If you would like to view the information at a different level in the Adjust by box, click in either the Full Name field or the Employee number field. Click on the flashlight icon on the toolbar. This will take you back to the Define Distributions window. Make a different selection in the Adjust by box, and click on the [Find] button. You may toggle between the Adjust by choices.
5. In the Actual Distributions region, check the Transfer checkbox to select the credit PTAEO to be adjusted.
6. Click on the [Done] button after one distribution line has been selected.
The credit record appears in the Adjusted Distributions region as a charge.
7. Click on the Percent radio button as the method of adjustment in the Adjust By region. Do not select Amount.
The adjustment will fail if you select Amount.
8. Enter the appropriate PTAEO combination to specify new charging instructions in the following fields:
9. Enter the Percent of the distribution you are adjusting.
Do not enter a minus sign when you enter the percentage.
You will get an error message if the distribution amount is not equal to 100% of the adjustment amount.
10. Click on the [Freeze Set] button.
Once the record is frozen, changes cannot be made. You must freeze the record before selecting a different PTAEO from the Actual Distributions region or before you submit the action.
Refer to Labor Schedule Hierarchy for Labor Distribution.
11. Click the [Submit] button.
12. Enter a batch name in the Batch Name field.
This must be a unique name and must not exceed 30 character spaces.
The following Naming Convention will be utilized by UVA.
School/department prefix - last name of employee you are entering the distribution adjustment for, first name or initial - date entered
For Example: FI- Henry, Barbara - 05 - MAR - 2004
The school prefix is displayed on all project, award and organization names.
13. In the comments field, enter your reason for the transfer.
The comments in the Comments field default, but you may add additional information.
If the adjustment requires OSP approval, insert the OSP approval number at the beginning of the Comment field.
14. Click on the [OK] button.
The Distribution Adjustments form is cleared, and a blank Distribution Adjustment window appears. If you are not initiating further adjustments, close the window.
Revision: 2 wss
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.