Creating Mailing Labels Using MS Word 2007
Chief Human Resource Officer
UVA HRMS Specialist
UVA HRMS Faculty/Staff Reviewer
UVA HRMS Viewer
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
Edit Mailing Labels Source File
1. Using Microsoft Excel, open the file containing the data from the IS.HR_Employee Information for Labels report.
If you specified a data directory when exporting the file, the file will be located where you saved it. If you did not specify a directory, it will be saved in the default data directory for Discoverer.
2. Delete rows 1 and 2. Do not delete row 3, the row with the column headers such as "First Name" and "Last Name".
3. Save your work.
4. Close Microsoft Excel.
Create Mail Merge Document
5. Open Microsoft Word to a blank document.
6. Select Mailings.
7. Select Start Mail Merge, select Labels from the drop down menu.
9. Choose the appropriate label options.
10. Click OK.
11. Select Select Recipients, Use existing List.
12. Navigate to the location of the data file using the Look in drop-down list.
13. Select Excel Files (*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb;*.xls) from the Files of type drop-down list.
14. Click on the data file, and click the Open button.
15. Click the OK button.
16. Click the Address Block button and choose the appropriate name option.
17. Select Match Fields button.
18. Select the corresponding item in the right column that will appear on the label.
19. Click the OK button on the Insert Address Block screen.
20. Click Update Labels.
21. Select Finish and Merge
22. Select the Print Documents option.
23. Select OK.
24. Select your printer name and click OK
The labels will print to your printer..
25. Close Microsoft Word.
Revision: 3 wss
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.