Enter Time for the Employee
Chief Human Resource Officer
The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
An employee must be included in a Timekeeper Group prior to entering time for the employee. An employee must be included in a Timekeeper Group prior to be able to view an employee’s timecard.
Timekeepers can enter time in timecards that are in the status of No Status (blank), Working status or Rejected Status. No one can change a timecard in Submitted status. The timecard in Submitted status must first be Rejected. After the timecard status has changed to Rejected, the employee, manager or Timekeeper (with appropriate documentation) can correct the timecard. Timekeepers cannot ‘reject’ a timecard.
You are now viewing the Timekeeper Entry screen where you will make entries for the employee
NOTE: The Timekeeper Entry form is not pre-populated with hours worked or holidays.
1. Click in the record ellipse (row indicator) to place your cursor on the employee record.
2. Click in the Assignment/Manager field. (You will notice that the ellipse is now available)
3. In the Payroll Elements field, enter either E or N and (tab)
The “E” or “N” is a match to the first letter of the prefix for Exempt of Non-Exempt status Do not use the wildcard (%) because the Payroll Elements prefix must match the prefix in the Assignment/Manager field. If the prefix does not match, you will receive a status of “Error” in the Status field on the timecard when you attempt to Save.
The Payroll Element list includes elements that may not be selected, which will result in an error message when you attempt to save. It is also necessary to select the appropriate Sick Plan; otherwise, the entry will result in an error message when you attempt to save.
4. Enter the hours in the appropriate Day/date field(s).
Note: Use the right scroll bar to view the remaining days in the pay period.
5. If the employee has indicated additional Payroll Elements that must be recorded or if the employee has split the day into more than one payroll element, press the icon to Add a Record
6. Use the Shift (+) F5 key combination to copy the field above and press (tab) to move to the next field.
7. SAVE after you have completed the entries for the employee.
When you [Save], the Status will change to ‘Working’ status. If the Status shows as “Error” (see below), select the [Messages] button to view the error message and make the correction accordingly, and SAVE.
8. If you have more employees to enter, save your work, and click on the Flashlight icon to return to the [Find] screen.
Effective: July 14, 2010
Revision: 1 njk
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.