Additions - Purchased Additions
This procedure covers the addition of purchased equipment to Fixed Assets.
This procedure does not cover equipment received as gifts or Government Furnished Equipment (GFE).
Mass Additions - Preparing Mass Additions.
Mass Additions - Merging Several.
Mass Additions - Assignments.
Assets - Adjusting Asset Units.
Mass Additions - Splitting Multiple-Unit Mass Additions.
View - Financial Information with Inquiry.
The FA Administrator is responsible for preparing mass additions for inclusion in FA tables. This includes running the daily Mass Additions Report, splitting and merging lines as required, and distributing lines to queues for each FA Specialist.
The FA Specialists are responsible for using queues prepared by the FA Administrator to determine what property they are responsible for. They will add required information from invoices and other sources to the mass additions tables, locate the assets, collect and update any information not already included, and flag their individual queues posting to the appropriate tables.
Director of Fixed Assets Accounting
FA Property Contact
The Director of Fixed Assets Accounting is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, that it reflects actual practice, and that it supports University policy.
This activity is performed daily/weekly when the FA Administrator runs the Mass Additions Report
1. Run the Mass Additions Report to list all equipment placed in the Mass Additions table the previous day. The report will be sorted by vendor, invoice number, and line number.
2. Obtain copies of invoices created on the previous day in AP.
3. Open mass additions for new items. Sort the mass additions table by vendor, invoice number, and line number.
Refer to Mass Additions - Preparing Mass Additions.
4. Assign single quantity lines. Place the lines on queue hold for the FA Specialists. Sort the invoices by FA Specialist. Refer to the Mass Additions Report to determine that the quantity on the invoice distribution line is 1.
5. Merge invoice lines for items charged to 2 or more invoice distribution lines.
Note: Invoice distributions lines with quantities that are less than one or contain fractions, such as 1.5, default to a quantity of one when pushed to the mass additions table.
Note: The expense account could be assigned to only one of the distribution lines' GL string or it could be assigned based on the same quantity breakdown as on the invoice distribution lines. The employee and location may be the same even though two or more distribution lines paid for the assets.
6. Assign the Merged lines. Query for the merged line(s) and place it on queue hold for FA Specialists. Sort invoices by FA Specialist.
Refer to Mass Additions - Assignments.
Note: These will be merged lines where the correct quantity is one (1) because only one item was purchased.
7. Increase units for merged asset lines where the correct quantity is greater than one and for LPO lines where more than one unit was purchased. Refer to the Mass Additions report to determine if the quantity paid on the related distribution lines is greater than one. Also, review LPO line descriptions to determine if two items were purchased. Note that the default quantity for an LPO line is one (1).
Refer to Assets - Adjusting Asset Units.
8. Split lines with a quantity of more than one.
Note: For split lines with a quantity of more than one, consider assigning the line to only one depreciation expense account. The asset could also be assigned to multiple accounts based on the invoice distribution line quantity.
Refer to Mass Additions - Splitting Multiple-Unit Mass Additions.
9. Assign Split Lines. Query new lines, place lines on queue hold for FA Specialists, and sort invoices by FA Specialists.
10. Distribute Invoices to FA Specialists.
11. FA Specialist Requests Mass Additions Report. FA Specialist requests mass additions report for new asset lines assigned.
Refer to Reports - Submitting Individual Reports.
Note: Use report parameter - FA Specialist 'HOLD' queue name
12. Obtain additional information for Assets including:
13. Take invoices, additions report, and locate asset.
14. Query Asset Line by tag number or invoice number etc.
Refer to View - Financial Information with Inquiry.
15. Record additional information in the Asset Details Screen, Category DFF or Assignment screen.
16. In the 'Mass Additions' screen change queue to 'POST' when you have finished recording non-scanned information.
Note: Post report is scheduled to run as part of nightly processing.
End of activity.
Revision: 1 12/05/03
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.