Funding a Project
This procedure covers funding a project in Grants Accounting (GA).
Project funding may be from one award or from more than one award.
The GM OSP Setup Specialist is responsible for funding projects.
The GM Setup Specialist is responsible for funding projects.
The GM GL Projects is responsible for funding projects.
The GM Award Manager is responsible for funding projects.
GM Accounting Services Workflow Approver*
GM Award Manager*
GM Financial Analysis Workflow Approver*
GM GL Projects*
GM ITS Workflow Approver*
GM Project Manager*
GM Setup Specialist*
GM OSP Setup Specialist*
The Comptroller is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
This activity is performed whenever a new project is created and is ready to be funded or when additional funding becomes available for a project. Projects are funded from award installments, therefore, an award must be created before the project can be funded. Numerous projects can be funded by a single award installment.
When you are funding a project, each installment must fund the project at the same level. For example, if an installment funds the project at the project level, the subsequent funding from that installment must also fund at the project level, not at the task level.
To see a Mental Model for processing funds, navigate to the Integrated System home page and select Archives ® Document Repository. Scroll down to Processing Funds, or select Processing Funds
The job title Workflow Approvers refers to the following:
This procedure continues from:
Creating an Award
GM OSP Setup Specialist, GM Setup Specialist, GM Award Manager, GM GL Projects
1. You receive notification that your award has been created in GA.
2. Navigate to the Award Management window, select [Find] then highlight and open your award.
3. In the Installments alternative region, select the installment from which your project is being funded, and select [Project Funding].
N ® Awards ® B ® Find ® Award Management Folder ® Open ® Award Management: Installments ® B ® Project Funding
Refer to Award Installments and Funding Projects.
4. Enter your project number.
You may use the List of Values to enter data in the Fund Projects window. If the project you are funding does not appear in the LOV, check the date ranges of the award and project.
DO NOT complete the Task Number field.
5. Enter the amount of the funding for your project.
Funding for your project is not necessarily the total installment, since an installment can fund many projects.
If the Project has a “Rejected” status, workflow can be initiated again by highlighting the funded amount in the project funding screen and save.
6. Save or save and continue to the next line if you are funding more than one project from the award.
7. Workflow is activated automatically.
8. Navigate to the GA Workflow Notifications Summary window.
N ® Workflow ® Notifications
Refer to Workflow
9. Review the project funding and either approve or reject.
If you reject the project explain the rejection in the comments section.
GM Project Manager, GM Award Manager, GM GL Projects
10. Navigate to the Projects, Templates window and check your project's status.
If the project is approved, End of activity. Otherwise, goto task #11.
11. Review the comments and modify your project to meet the requirements for approval.
Goto task # 5.
Goto Creating an Award Budget & Summarizing a Project Budget
End of activity.
Revision: 4 dhw
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.