Using Departmental Expenditure Inquiry
This procedure covers Expenditure Inquiry in Grants Accounting (GA) to monitor expenditures.
Departmental Expenditure Inquiry - Actuals
University policy requires that administrators monitor financial aspects of activities for which they are responsible. Refer to University of Virginia Policies and Procedures
GM Award Manager is responsible for reviewing and monitoring the expenditures for projects assigned to him or her.
GM Project Manager is responsible for reviewing and monitoring the expenditures for projects assigned to him or her.
GM Transaction Specialist is responsible for reviewing and monitoring the expenditures for projects assigned to him or her.
GM Award Manager*
GM Project Manager*
GM Transaction Specialist*
GM Encumbrance Specialist*
The Comptroller is responsible for ensuring that this document is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
Use this window to review a project's expenditure items. To see the amount and type of expenditure items charged to a project, the date an expenditure item occurred, accrued revenue, and other information. You can also drill down to Payables to view the Invoice Overview form, or to General Ledger to view T-accounts.
The Expenditure Inquiry will allow users to perform the following functions:
The job title All GA Responsibilities refers to the following:
This procedure continues from:
Expenditure Batches in GA
All GA Responsibilities
1. Choose appropriate responsibility to access GA database.
2. Navigate to Find Expenditure Items window.
N ® Expenditures ® Expenditure Inquiry ® Actuals
Find Expenditure Items
3. Enter the project number and/or other expenditure details within the Find Expenditure Items window.
The more details you enter the more specific your search will be.
4. Select [Find].
If customized folder is needed, stop and complete Creating a Customized Folder. Otherwise, goto task #5.
5. View Expenditure Items information.
6. Scroll over to see all columns.
7. Select [Item Details] to review:
8. Select [Totals] to view totals for the Burden Cost column.
9. Select [Tools] from the menu bar.
10. Select View Accounting to view Expenditure Accounting (GL Detail).
11. Select T-Accounts (GL Detail).
End of activity.
Oracle Tutor can be licensed to modify and add to this content, documenting all of your business process documentation in the Oracle Tutor format.
Oracle® Tutor Copyright © 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.