Resources for Students
We are currently working on updating the following training videos
and documents. Changes to the system may have occurred and not be
reflected in these materials. Below are the most current directions
for when to use Swap and when to use Edit.
If you have issues or questions please contact your school or UREG.
- Six Short Demos by Students for Students
- When to Swap, Edit, or Drop
- Use SWAP to drop one lecture (without an attached discussion/lab) and add another OPEN lecture simultaneously. (See p. 5 of instructions.)
- Use EDIT to switch to an OPEN discussion/lab section attached to a lecture. (See p. 6 of instructions.)
- To switch a discussion/lab attached to an existing lecture for a waitlisted discussion/lab, drop the current lecture and discussion/lab and submit a new request with the “waitlist if lecture is full” box checked.WARNING: You will be dropped from your current lecture and added to the end of the waitlist for both the lecture and the new discussion/lab. This is because you cannot jump ahead of students already on the waitlisted discussion/lab sections.
- To switch a discussion/lab section attached to a lecture in which you are waitlisted, drop or swap the original wait list request. WARNING: You will lose your place in the lecture wait list.
- Additional Waitlist/Permission List Tips
- Printable Guides
Resources for Faculty
NOTE: After logging on through the SIS Portal, click the Instructor tab in the
upper left to view your Faculty Center.