SecureFX/File Transfer Setup and Issues
- Make sure your UVa Identity Token is plugged in.
- Navigate with IE to https://www.itc.virginia.edu:8444/cgi-bin/jvpn/UVa Identity Tokendemo
- Input your UVa Identity Token password when prompted
- The next window will contain information regarding your UVa Identity Token. Copy and paste this information into an email and send it to the
- In the subject of the message include something similar regarding the servers that you are trying to gain access to
- You will receive confirmation as soon as your account is configured for access. At this point you may proceed to installing the software.
- Navigate with to http://www.itc.virginia.edu/software/securefx/
- Follow instructions for downloading and installing SecureFX
- Download and run http://www.sis.virginia.edu/technical/Profiles.exe
- Extract the files to a directory that is easy to find
- Navigate to this directory once the files are extracted
- Double click the "Run Me.bat" file
- Open SecureFX, there should now be profiles for SIS servers in your profile list
- Double Click the server you wish to connect to
- Enter your Computing ID when prompted
- If prompted for a New Host Key, select "Accept and Save"
- You should be given instructions on how to navigate to the correct directory
Error "Public-key authentication with the server for user failed. Please verify username and public/private key pair"
- The user has not been properly given access to the FTP server. Please contact SIS to have your access checked.