We house about 300 undergraduate students in the IRC, including sixty first-years. Our international student population makes up 45 percent of our student population, representing 40 countries, and the rest of our 55 percent are roughly equally composed of in-state and out-of-state American students. We make a special effort to offer housing to visiting exchange students, who come to UVA from partner institutions around the world. They are typically very involved in IRC activities. In addition, we have a fairly high number of transfer students and they are also noticeably active in our community.
We are located on the corner of Sprigg Lane and Emmett Street, across from Snyder Tennis Courts and adjacent to Alumni Hall. See map.
Applications for new residents are due in October to receive first priority. However, the IRC welcomes applications throughout the year because housing and room situations can change during the year and we often have some open spaces. For example, quite a few students study abroad during the spring, leaving openings for returning from study abroad students and spring-semester exchange students. Entering first-year students and transfer students apply to the IRC in the spring. We encourage you to apply!
Learn to Live, Live to Learn
International Residential College at the University of Virginia 1-100 Mary Munford Charlottesville, Virginia 22904
Phone - (434) 924-3765 Fax (434) 924-3828 Contact email@example.com