Evidence of Funding
Complete instructions for new students are available here.
Evidence of Funding Required for U.Va. Issuance of Form I-20 or Form DS-2019:
- Form I-20/Form DS-2019 Request Packet (for undergraduates) (for graduates) submitted with supporting documentation as outlined in each form.
- Any funding or award letters provided by U.Va. or a third-party- the amount of funding or award may be subtracted from the total amount of funds required in the Financial Guarantee Form.
Evidence of Funding Required for Program Extensions:
- Bank statment or bank letter; and/or
- Sponsor's Affidavit, bank statement and employment letter (if necessary) - see the Sponsor's Affidavit in the appropriate Request Packet ; and/or
- Departmental Funding Form (PDF) for a department representative or advisor to complete.
The total amount of funding must be equal to or greater than the current projected expenses per academic term for the degree program.