Skip to Content

J-1 Transfers

Each J-1 nonimmigrant transferring to U.Va. must have his or her current program sponsor release his or her SEVIS record to U.Va. after confirming that U.Va. will sponsor a J-1 program. J-1 students transferring to U.Va. must continue meet all the qualifications for including funding.

J-1 non-immigrant's transferring out of U.Va. should complete and submit the J-1 Transfer Request Form to the ISO during office hours at least two weeks prior to transferring.