Information Security, Policy, and Records Office (ISPRO)
Reporting to the Vice President/CIO, the Information Security, Policy, and Records Office (ISPRO):
- focuses on the continuous enhancement of information policies and security of the University's diverse and decentralized computing environment and the University's electronic and physical records management program;
- works in partnership with units and individuals across the University to formulate policies, assess security risk, establish strategic direction, provide security education and training, implement security safeguards, track security incidents, and develop mission continuity and disaster recovery plans;
- works in partnership with units and individuals across the University to ensure all records, in all formats, are efficiently managed, retained and destroyed in compliance with all administrative, audit, legal, financial, historical, and research policies and regulations of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the University;
- provides consultation, guidance and investigation regarding information security, policy and records issues; and
- manages user access to central IT systems.