How to Upload to iTunes U
- Adding Meta Data to an Audio File (PDF)
- Logging into iTunes U (PDF)
- How to Upload an Audio File into iTunes U (PDF)
- Full instructions, including movie insructions from the Web Communications Office
Record the Event
You can capture the audio (or video) of the event on your own using a digital recording device like an mp3 recorder or hire someone to capture the event for you. (See the resources links below)
If you choose to capture the audio yourself, download this audio tip sheet for suggestions on how to get the best audio quality.
Audio of the event should be saved in MP3 format. It is best to keep the file size as small as possible while maintaining acceptable sound quality. For most spoken word we suggest encoding the file as: mono, 44Khz, 16bit.
Take a Picture
You should also take a digital camera along and take a picture of your speaker(s). This photo can be used to draw attention to the event on this site.
Upload to iTunes U
- Audacity - A great free audio editing program if you need to clean up your recordings. If you want to publish MP3 files with Audacity, you'll also need the LAME encoder.
- AudioImage - Provides services for capturing events. Based in Richmond.
- Audio Tip Sheet (word doc) - Good suggestions on how to capture clean audio of your event.
- Charlottesville Podcasting Network - Provides services for capturing events. Based in Charlottesville.
- Sample Release Form - Use this as a starting point for your own release form.
- Wikipedia - Read about the history of podcasting and current trends on the Wikipedia.