Program Fees - To Be Determined Soon
$tbd per person double occupancy, en-suite, land only
$tbd per person single occupancy, en-suite, land only
Participants must be 18 or older
Fees include all meals, tours and lodging
If you would like to have your luggage transported from/to the Porter’s Lodge (check-in/out location) and to/from your room which may include stairs, please select the additional $50 luggage service option on the registration form.
U.Va. at Oxford Seminar
In continuation of the University of Virginia’s long-standing relationship with Oxford, the oldest university in the English-speaking world, U.Va.’s Lifetime Learning Program offers you the opportunity to spend a week, September 2-8, 2015, at Oxford University. Immerse yourself in the centuries-old traditions as you learn, explore and experience historic settings of towers, spires and gargoyles.
Join us as two distinguished faculty set the stage for vibrant discussions about architectural history and gardens and Thomas Jefferson’s visit to England, University of Virginia’s Professor of Architectural History and Chair Richard Guy Wilson and Head Gardener of Green Templeton College, Oxford University Michael Pirie.
• Engaging lectures and thought-provoking discussions with esteemed faculty.
• Walking tour of Oxford to include a glimpse at many of the prestigious colleges’ architecture and gardens.
• Visit to the Royal Botanic Gardens Kew, Chiswick House & Gardens, Painshill, Bodleian Library, and much more.
• Enjoy deliciously prepared meals, a lively social program and topical talks and living in-college at Oxford.
• Delight in Evensong in the stunning setting of Christ Church, which is both college chapel and cathedral.
• Continue the tradition of past U.Va. at Oxford Programs that examined the Revolutionary War, Winston Churchill, the Cotswolds and other topics.
To Learn More Contact: