Final Exercises 2005
View Video Streams of Finals Weekend Events: May 21-22, 2005
- Valedictory Exercises (39 min.)
- Final Exercises (2 hrs., 17 min.)
- Final Exercises Highlights (4 min., 19 sec.)
[Requires Real Media Player.]
Archived video streams of Final Exercises from 1999 are also available.
Web Cam 2005
- 24 Hours on the Lawn in 24 Seconds - A look at the 2005 commencement ceremony on the Lawn (12.3 MB Download).
Audio Stream of the 2005 Commencement Address
- Listen to the audio stream of the 2005 commencement address, delivered by Dr. Vivian W. Pinn:
- The 2005 Finals Speaker was Dr. Vivian Pinn, a University of Virginia alumnus. Read Dr. Pinn's Graduation Speech.
- The Valediction speaker was author Ron Suskind, a 1981 graduate of the University of Virginia's College of Art's and Sciences. Read Mr. Suskind's Valediction Speech.
Graduates - Class of 2005
Program of Finals 2005 (PDF, 96 KB).
- Download the 2005 Finals Program,which gives the order of ceremony, history of final exercises at U.Va., biography of commencement speaker Dr. Vivian W. Pinn, and more.
Highlights — Class of 2005
- University of Virginia prepares for Finals Weekend, May 20 and 21
- Talking to Thomas Jefferson's horse: Allison Gillen's Lawn tours engage youth
- An engineer without borders: Through service and studies, Emmanuel Smadja widens educational impact
- Rescuing U.Va.'s 'trail blazers': Gwem Archard's research reveals history of disabled students
- Bill Gilhooly's deep-sea research helping to redefine what life is
- Bill Moore follows grown-up desire to be a doctor
- Truman scholar defers NYC job, grad school for year to do relief work in New Orleans
- Cleopatra Lightfoot steps up programs at Wise and now sets sight on a career helping others
- Another notch on the educational belt of prodigy and peace advocate Greg Smith
- Jade Craig leaves U.Va. 'academically strong and socially aware'
- Phil Jackson blends business savvy with love of music
- In Todd Aman's perfect world, diversity training would be mandatory
- Scholar, instructor, director, performer … Holt is 'Everywoman' of opera
- Undergrads pursue research in wide variety of disciplines: profiles of Victoria Chiou, Eugene Otto & Jake Davenport
Speech Archives - from 1973 to Present.
- Read transcripts of past commencement and valedictory speeches presented at the University of Virginia from 1973 to present.
Web Site Archives of Final Exercises
- View archive files of Final Exercises at the University of Virginia from 2001 to present.