Prospectives For Information on How to Join
- Fill out the interest form for the CMB (click here)
Scholarships are available for Cavalier Marching Band members based on instrumentation needs, merit, and service to the band. Currently low brass and percussionists receive the majority of the scholarship funding, though all section leaders, drill instructors, and other support staff also receive scholarships as well. Students playing low brass or percussion instruments in the CMB should contact Assistant Director, Andrew Koch <
>, to schedule an audition time. All first year band members wishing to receive a band scholarship must complete an audition. A great time to complete the audition is when you are already on Grounds for orientation in the summer.
A typical rehearsal
- Rehearsal and memorization of music in sectionals
- Full band music rehearsal
- Drill rehearsal and memorization
A typical gameday
- Saturday morning rehearsal at Carr's Hill Field
- Bus over to O'Hill for lunch, change in the Forum (at O'Hill)
- Perform in front of O'Hill
- Walk to Scott Stadium tunnels in sections, performing for fans along the way
- Walk back to and change at the Forum after the game
Click below to read our recruiting brochure that includes answers to many frequently asked questions. Please feel free to email
with any additional questions or fill out the interest form for a physical copy of the brochure and more information!