Please visit MESALC's New Semester's Courses page for a list of courses the department anticipates offering next semester.
In particular, please see our department's New Courses page for information on courses that may have been added to the listings since last you looked -- we are always adding brand new courses!
For the most up-to-date information, see the University's online list through SIS and browse down for listings for the following mnemonics:
- ARAB, ARTR, BENG, BETR, HEBR, HETR, HIND, MESA, MEST, PERS, PETR, SANS, SAST, SATR, and URDU.
The following mnemonics generally cover basic language classes and upper-level literature classes taught in the target language:
- ARAB (Arabic)
- BENG (Bengali)
- HEBR (Hebrew)
- HIND (Hindi)
- PERS (Persian)
- SANS (Sanskrit)
The following mnemonics (i.e., those ending in -TR) are used for regional literature classes that are taught in ENGLISH and do not require any knowledge of the regional language:
- ARTR (Arabic Literature in Translation)
- BETR (Bengal iLiterature in Translation)
- HETR (Hebrew Literature in Translation)
- PETR (Persian Literature in Translation)
- SATR (South Asian Literature in Translation)
The following mnemonics are used for REGIONAL STUDIES classes that do not focus on language or literature in particular:
- MESA (Middle Eastern and South Asian)
- MEST (Middle Eastern Studies)
- SAST (South Asian Studies)
For information on anticipated offerings for the next semester that may count toward completion of the major or minor in Middle Eastern or South Asian Studies (or the major in Middle Eastern or South Asian Languages and Literatures), please go to the following websites, by regional concentration: