MIDDLE EASTERN AND SOUTH ASIAN
- 1020/1026/1060-level in a MESALC language. A grade of
C or higher must be earned each semester in 1010-1020,
or the grade in 1026 or 1060 must be C or higher.
- At least *18 credits in one of the regional
concentrations (Middle East or South
Asia). Language courses beyond the 2020/2026/2060-level
may be counted for this. Of those 18 credits:
- a minimum of 9 credits must be from concentration courses in MESALC or any other department
- at least 3 credits must come from a non-language course in MESALC; and
- no more than 9 credits may be from any one department outside MESALC
* A maximum of 6 transfer credits can be used to satisfy the 18 credit requirement
Declaring a Minor
- Select a region of concentration (Middle East
or South Asia).
- Review course
listings by area (Middle East, South Asia) and
the minor requirements of your concentration.
You may obtain a copy of the minor requirements
sheet from the department
office in 530 New Cabell Hall.
- Download the Minor Declaration Form above. The form is also available in 530 New Cabell Hall.
- Complete the top portion of the Minor Declaration Form.
- Make an appointment with the Director of Undergraduate Programs, listed below.
- Bring the Minor Declaration Form to your meeting
with the advisor.
- Submit copies of the form to the appropriate parties (as indicated on the bottom of the form).
Advisor (Director of Undergraduate