Newcomb Centers & Services is a union of students, faculty, and staff dedicated to creating a uniquely vibrant and engaging community experience at the University of Virginia. Our mission is to serve as the hub of community activity at the University, create a living laboratory for student self-governance, and provide world-class service to students, colleagues, and guests.
Five units in the Office of the Dean of Students work collaboratively to manage a diverse portfolio of programs, services, and facilities that support life on and around Grounds.
- Business Services & Operations
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Marketing & Communications
- Student Activities
- Technology Services
Vision – NCS in Transition
Our vision is to become an operationally integrated and student-centered union in service to the University Community.
(note: items in parentheses below are added to provide only a few examples)
- Deliver excellence in student organization support, including the coordination of major events and programs (e.g., Opening Week, After Hours, SpringFest, Rush/Recruitment, Student Self Governance – Greek Councils, UPC, Student Council, etc)
- Support innovative use of facilities and technology (e.g., student-centered technology innovation, cutting edge and user-friendly AV, space flexibility, facility upgrade/renovation, etc)
- Advance student leadership development and engagement (e.g., student involvement, leadership programs and advising for CIO/Special Status/Greek officers, student employees, fraternity/sorority engagement, assessment, etc)
- Provide world class event planning services (e.g., student-friendly policies, operational processes, and resources)