The Office of African-American Affairs has over the years collected a number of articles covering various issues concerning African-Americans. Some of them are listed for your reference:
- The Cavalier Daily article: "Meet the Professor: Maurice Apprey"
- UVA Today's article: "Q&A with Sylvia Terry: 'The Peer Advisor Program Has Been My Passion"
- UVA Today's article: "Sylvia Terry, Champion and Cheerleader for U.Va.'s African-American Students, to Retire"
- UVA Today's article: "Apprey Shepherds U.Va.'s Office of African-American Affairs Toward Enhanced Success"
- Diversity Statement by Universities and Colleges
- Honor of the Class of '69 (PDF, 6.4 MB)
- UVa's Affirmative-Action Debate
- Alumni News article: "A Home Away From Home" (MS Word, 17.8 MB)
- New York Times' article: "Peer Support Cited in Black Students' Success" (MS Word, 77 KB)
- "The Evolution of A Dream - the Beginning" - Students' account of the birth of OAAA (MS Word, 23 KB)
- "The First Generation: Thirty Years of the Office of African-American Affairs at the University of Virginia" - An abridgement of a lecture by Professor Ervin L. Jordan Jr. (MS Word 52, KB)