Entering First Year and Transfer Students
Welcome to the University!
Visit our website to learn more about:
Students interested in the health professions
Advise for student interested in the McIntire School of Commerce
Advice for students interested in Law School
Advice for students interested in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Advise for students interested in the Batten School
The Office of African-American Affairs has over the years collected a number of articles covering various issues concerning African-Americans. Some of them are listed for your reference:
- The Cavalier Daily article: "Meet the Professor: Maurice Apprey"
- UVA Today's article: "Q&A with Sylvia Terry: 'The Peer Advisor Program Has Been My Passion"
- UVA Today's article: "Sylvia Terry, Champion and Cheerleader for U.Va.'s African-American Students, to Retire"
- UVA Today's article: "Apprey Shepherds U.Va.'s Office of African-American Affairs Toward Enhanced Success"
- Diversity Statement by Universities and Colleges
- Honor of the Class of '69 (PDF, 6.4 MB)
- UVa's Affirmative-Action Debate
- Alumni News article: "A Home Away From Home" (MS Word, 17.8 MB)
- New York Times' article: "Peer Support Cited in Black Students' Success" (MS Word, 77 KB)
- "The Evolution of A Dream - the Beginning" - Students' account of the birth of OAAA (MS Word, 23 KB)
- "The First Generation: Thirty Years of the Office of African-American Affairs at the University of Virginia" - An abridgement of a lecture by Professor Ervin L. Jordan Jr. (MS Word 52, KB)