Stephanie Jean-Charles Global Community Service Travel Grant
Sponsored by Ernst & Young Foundation and the University of Virginia Seven Society in collaboration with the Office of African-American Affairs
•Grant Deadline: A complete application should be submitted no later than Friday, November 21, 2014 at 5:00 pm to the OAAA Main Office. Late applications will not be accepted.
• All UVa undergraduate African-American students
• Student must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.70
• Student must travel abroad (i.e. outside of the USA) for community service
• Two (2) travel grants in the amount of $1000 each will be awarded.
• Funds may be used to offset the costs associated with travel abroad (e.g. airfare, lodging, meals, etc.)
Note: This grant cannot be used for funding service performed through courses – including J-Term – or on Alternative Spring Break activities
• A complete application
• A resume
• A current transcript (and unofficial transcript will suffice) If you are a first-semester entering transfer student, you may include a transcript from your previous institution.
Mail or bring a hard copy packet of completed materials to:
Ms. Angela Comfort
Office of African-American Affairs
Luther P. Jackson House
#4 Dawson's Row
P.O. BOX 400132
Charlottesville, VA 22904
Please contact Ms. Angela Comfort at 924-7923 or via email for any questions