What To Do Next …
Welcome to the University of Virginia! We are glad that you have chosen to be a part of our community. The University is gearing up to welcome more than 3,000 new students and their family members to the Grounds this summer.
Orientation is your chance to learn about the University, ask questions, sign up for classes, get to know your fellow classmates, and begin your adventure as a new student!
Summer Orientation sessions for first-year students last for two days. For transfer students, the sessions are completed in one day.
Finished your session? Be sure to fill out the post-orientation evaluation to let us know how we're doing!
- Sessions A, B, C, D, G
- Sessions E and F
Students who have paid their deposit will begin receiving a Welcome Book in the mail with details about Summer Orientation, Deadlines, Traditions and Lingo, and more.
Until your book arrives, you can browse the 2013 online version to learn how to prepare for enrollment.
On this Site You'll Find
- Dates for the Summer Orientation sessions
- How to register for Summer Orientation
- Information for parents and guests
- A list of hotels offering rooms and/or discounts for orientation
- Maps and driving directions
- Daily schedules for your session
- A list of items to bring to orientation
- Bios of the orientation leaders
- and some answers to frequently asked questions about orientation
Prepare for Enrollment
Through atUVA you’ll be able to keep track of all the things you need to do before you arrive in the fall.
Once you get an email from atUVA in your University email account confirming you're part of the Summer Orientation 2013 group you’ll see a list of steps to complete along with links to the University resources you can consult for more information.
Ready to start enrollment tasks? Use the list below...
- Register for Summer Orientation Deadline: June 3
- Submit Photo for your Student Identification Card In order to prevent waiting in long lines, you are strongly encouraged to submit your photo online through the photo submission website.
Available: May 1
Deadline: June 28
- UID (University ID) You can retrieve your UID online. You will need your U.Va. Student System ID number from the email acknowledging receipt of your application.
Your University ID is the nine-digit number (NOT your Social Security number) assigned to you by the University. It will be your ID number throughout your time at the University.
- Complete Housing Application Mandatory for first-years; Optional for transfersAvailable: May 1 Transfer Deadline: May 31First-Year: June 3
- Complete New Student Information Form College of Arts and Sciences onlyCollege of Arts and Sciences Students Deadline: June 28
- Take Foreign Language Placement Exams French: June 22 Spanish: June 22
- Take Chemistry Placement Exam Test by: July 3
- Complete Dining Contract Deadline: July 5Note: this deadline only applies to first years. Transfers and upperclassmen can sign up for a meal plan at any time.
- Update Your atUVA ProfileDeadline: July 24
- Submit Payment for Tuition and FeesPosted by mid-July
Deadline: August 21
- Complete Pre-Entrance Health RecordDeadline: Postmarked before August 31
- Complete International Student Health Insurance Hard WaiverOpens: TBD
- Sign up for U.Va. Emergency AlertsDeadline: July 1