Prepare for Enrollment
Through “My TO DO List” you’ll be able to keep track of all the things you need to do before you arrive in the fall.
My To Do List
Ready to start enrollment tasks? Use the list below...
- Register for Summer Orientation Deadline: June 1
- Submit Photo for your Student Identification Card In order to prevent waiting in long lines, you are strongly encouraged to submit your photo online through the photo submission website.
Available: May 1
Deadline: June 15
- UID (University ID) You can retrieve your UID online. You will need your U.Va. Student System ID number from the email acknowledging receipt of your application.
Your University ID is the nine-digit number (NOT your Social Security number) assigned to you by the University. It will be your ID number throughout your time at the University.
- Complete Housing Application Mandatory for first-years; Optional for transfersAvailable: May 1 Transfer Deadline: June 1First-Year Deadline: June 1
- Sign Up for Project SERVE
A service opportunity for all incoming students Friday August 28th, 2-6 pm
Available: May 15
- Complete New Student Information Form & Forum ApplicationCollege of Arts and Sciences onlyAvailable: May 9
Deadline: June 1
- Take Foreign Language Placement Exams French SpanishGerman - Test by July 1
- Take Chemistry Placement Exam Test by: July 1
- Complete Dining Contract Deadline: July 1Note: This deadline only applies to first-year students. You will be defaulted into the All-Access Meal Plan if you do not sign up by this date. Transfers and upper-class students can sign up for a meal plan at any time!
- Sign Up for the Cavalier Outdoor Adventure Retreat Get to know other first years on a 3-day adventure trip in Shenandoah National Park.Available: April 1Deadline: June 20 (spots are limited)
- Sign up for U.Va. Emergency AlertsDeadline: July 1
- Update Your atUVA ProfileDeadline: July 28
- Submit Payment for Tuition and FeesAvailable: Term Statement (i.e., the bill) Posted mid-July
Deadline: The due date is August 17
- Complete Pre-Entrance Health RecordDeadline: Postmarked before August 31
- Complete Student Health Insurance Hard WaiverOpens: Early July
- Check your UVA e-mail accountYou will continue to receive email, sent to your U.Va. e-mail address, from Orientation and New Student Programs throughout the summer. Please continue to check your account regularly.