What to Bring
Important: Be sure to bring an unexpired government-issued Photo ID. Without it, you will be unable to get your University ID.
- Unexpired laminated government-issued photo ID U.S. Driver's License, State-Issued ID Card, Passport, or U.S. Military ID. One form of ID is required to get your UVA ID; photocopies and school-issued IDs are not accepted.
- Paper, pens, and pencils for note- and test-taking
- Casual, comfortable clothing and walking shoes You may want to pack a sweatshirt, jeans, raincoat and umbrella, as the weather can be unpredictable.
- Athletic clothes, running shoes, swimsuit, and towelYou will have access to the U.Va. fitness facilities.
- Blanket and pillowResidential areas are air-conditioned and get very cold at night. You may also chose to bring your own pillow.
- Toiletries You will need to bring your own towel and washcloth, however, linens for the bed will be provided.
- Water bottle
- Money for snacks or souvenirs
- Phone Charger
- Students in the College of Arts & Sciences MUSTbring a hard copy/printed version of courses you have pre-selected in the Student Information System (SIS).
- Advanced Placement/IB scores Do not be concerned if you do not receive them in time for your session.
- For first-year students: credit evaluated high school transcripts/grade reports, including previous college coursework, if possible.Photocopies are acceptable.
- For transfer students: your academic requirements Academic Requirements is a report designed to assist currently enrolled undergraduate students and their advisors in the advising process. You can get a copy of your Academic Requirements through the SIS.
- If applicable, Spanish or French foreign language placement scores.