What to Bring
Important: Be sure to bring a government-issued Photo ID. Without it, you will be unable to get your University ID.
- Unexpired government-issued photo ID U.S. Driver's License, State-Issued ID Card, Passport, or U.S. Military ID. One form of ID is required to get your UVA ID; photocopies and school-issued IDs are not accepted.
- Paper, pens, and pencils for note- and test-taking.
- Casual, comfortable clothing and walking shoes You may want to pack a sweatshirt, jeans, raincoat and umbrella, as the weather can be unpredictable.
- Athletic clothes, running shoes, swimsuit You will have access to the U.Va. fitness facilities.
- Blanket Hereford and Gooch residential areas are air-conditioned and get very cold at night.
- Toiletries Towels and washcloths will be provided. However, you are welcome to bring your own.
- Alarm clock
- Money for snacks or souvenirs
- Phone Charger
- Advanced Placement/IB scores Do not be concerned if you do not receive them in time for your session.
- For first-year students: high school transcripts/grade reports, including previous college coursework, if possible Photocopies are acceptable.
- For transfers, your Academic Requirements Academic Requirements is a report designed to assist currently enrolled undergraduate students and their advisors in the advising process. You can get a copy of your Academic Requirements through the SIS.
- Spanish or French foreign language placement scores, if applicable.