Visiting Charters and Tour Groups
Charter Bus Parking
Charter Bus Parking – Updated Spring 2013
Due to a recent reconfiguration of McCormick Road, charter bus access and parking for Central Grounds has been permanently altered. Charter buses are not permitted on McCormick Road. Instead, charter buses servicing the Rotunda, Chapel, Library, and other McCormick Road destinations should use a dedicated charter bus loading/unloading zone located on University Avenue (see directions below).
Charter Bus Access and Parking Directions:
1. Unload passengers in the charter bus loading/unloading zone located at the University Avenue/Newcomb Road intersection.
2. Once unloaded, proceed east on University Avenue 400’ to the first signal. Do not continue straight due to a low bridge condition.
3. Turn left on Rugby Road and proceed to the second signal (2/3 miles).
4. Turn left on Preston Avenue and proceed to the third signal (2/3 miles).
5. Turn left on Emmet Street and proceed to the third signal (2/3 miles).
6. Turn right on Massie Road and proceed to the first parking lot on the right (2/10 miles).
Charter buses may park in the John Paul Jones Arena parking lot. If there is a large event at the Arena, buses may be redirected to a parking lot in a nearby area on the left side of Massie Road (ie, University Hall).
When passengers are ready to load:
1. Exit John Paul Jones or University Hall parking lot toward Emmet Street.
2. Turn right on Emmet Street and proceed 2/10 miles to the next signal.
3. Turn left on University Avenue and proceed to charter bus loading/unloading zone.