Moving Cash Between General Ledger Projects
Scope | System References
| Policy | Responsibility
| Distribution | Ownership
This procedure covers the process for requesting the transfer of funds
between projects in the General Ledger module of the Integrated System.
This procedure does not cover performing a cost transfer in the Grants
Management (OGM) module.
System References [Top]
Oracle Procedure "Adjusting Expenditures in OGM"
Financial Policy II.B.1 "University
The Project Manager in a department is responsible for initiating a
request to transfer funds between General Ledger projects.
The University Comptroller is responsible for ensuring that this procedure
is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
This actvity is performed only under unusual circumstances, when project
funding by an award will not satisfy the business requirement.
1. Determine that other funding methods will not satisfy the business
need. The preferred hierarchy for funding projects is:
- Create a new Award-to-Project linkage
- Create a new Award(s), “De-install” and “Install”
- Request a GL Cash Transfer
2. Send an email request to the University
Comptroller with an explanation of the need for a GL Cash Transfer.
Include the following information:
- Explanation of the need for the transfer
- Contact Person
- Contact Phone Number
- Contact Email Address
- Full GL String for both the debit and the credit
- Entity, Project, Fund Source, Object Code, Org
- Date Needed
3. Review request and approve or disapprove.
4. Approved: Enter the Journal Entry transaction into the system.
5. Disapproved: Reply to the requestor with an explanation for the
End of Activity
Maintained by University
© 2001 by the Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia.
All rights reserved.