Effective: April 5, 1994
Latest Revision: December 2, 2002
Preparation of Request for Petty
Cash, Petty Cash
Checking, or Change Fund
Scope | System References | Policy | Responsibility | Distribution | Ownership
Concerning a petty cash, petty
cash checking, or change fund:
System References [Top]
Form: "Request for Petty
Cash, Petty Cash Checking, or Change Fund" (RC-50)
This procedure corresponds
to, and should be read in conjunction with,
The fund must be justified on the "Request for Petty Cash, Petty Cash Checking, or Change Fund" RC-50 form. For all Petty Cash Checking requests, a signed original of the "Bank of America Corporate Signature Card" must be attached.
Increasing the Fund
The Associate Comptroller, Revenue and Collections is responsible for ensuring that this procedure is necessary, reflects actual practice, and supports University policy.
Procedure Steps [Top]
The numbered items on the sample form should be
completed as follows:
Note: Only one type of fund per request.
Checking account requests must have a "Bank of America Corporate
Signature Card" attached (see procedures below).
14. Proposed location of fund.
For Petty Cash and Checking
16. Expected dollar amount of purchases.
18. Indicate if the request is for an increase and the amount of increase
20. Indicate if the request is for a decrease and the amount of the decrease.
CLOSURE OF FUND
21. Indicate if request is for Fund Closure and the amount.
CHANGE OF CUSTODIAN
22. Indicate a change of custodian.
23. List name and custodian (vendor for reimbursement) number for former custodian.
24. Signature and date from former custodian.
25. List name of new custodian
Note: The New Custodian is to complete the request and sign in section v.
23. List all petty cash funds, amounts, and custodians currently held by the department.
Enter the custodian and department head signatures.
25. LEAVE BLANK
Bank of America Corporate Signature Card
In the center of the form complete one line for each person with signature authority:
Send original of this form to the Associate Comptroller, Revenue and Collections as an attachment to RC-50 Petty Cash Checking requests.
End of Activity