Skip to Content

The University of Virginia TESOL Certificate

The University's Linguistics Program and Center for American English Language and Culture offer a Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) as a recognized concentration of courses for students who are interesting in teaching English abroad or in working with non-K-16 ESL contexts in the USA. More information about the TESOL Certificate can be found here.

Other ESL/EFL Teacher Training Opportunities

The University of Virginia's College of Arts and Sciences, Curry School of Education, and School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS) offer courses for individuals interested in preparing to work with English language learners. Information about the ESL Add-on endorsement for K-12 teaching can be found through the Curry School of Education.

The School of Continuing and Professional Studies offers professional development courses for individuals who work with English Language Learners. For information about SCPS offerings, visit the SCPS web site at