What must I do in order to use the Participant Pool?
- Make sure you have IRB approval for your project
- Submit an HSC application online
- Wait for approval and your experiment number and password
- Go to the Experimetrix Website for UVA
- Select "Experimenter Area"
- Type in the experiment number (login) and password you were given
- Select "Edit Header" to add your experiment information
- To get back to the main menu after submitting changes, click on "Experimenter Options"
- Select "Change Password" to change the password to something you will remember, and distribute it to your RAs
- Select "Add New Times" to create appointments for your participants,
for help go to Experimetrix's
Help for Experimenters.
- Select "View Schedule", check the box next to "Display Experiments to Students"
and click "Apply changes on this page" to make your experiment visible to students.
- After the experimental session, select "View Schedule" to
award credit (or penalty) to the participant.