Welcome to Recon@UVa!
News & Announcements
- Changes to roles in Recon@ (Preparer, Examiner, Approver, and Fiscal Officer) must be made in the Integrated System using the responsibility GM_Role Manager.
For more information, check out the Role Manager Toolkit found on the UHR website.
- Instructions for Approvers are available
- Online training materials are available
- The system maintenance window is Mondays from 7 to 8 am.
News: Our System Generated Email Pilot is Underway
We are currently conducting a pilot of the system generated emails! This pilot began August 4th and will continue until the end of October.
We are testing the Reminder, Fiscal Officer, and Executive emails, which are designed to provide reminders and notifications of overdue reconciliations.
After completion of a successful pilot, the email functionality will be activated for all University departments. As you know, monthly reconciliations are one of the University’s key internal controls, used to promptly detect, correct, and report errors and irregularities.
For more details on system emails, please see our System Generated Emails page.
We have several reports available to assist with the review of overdue reconciliations. Check out the following reports found in the Reports section of Recon@UVa.
- Oversight Report
- Role Assignment Report
- Delinquent Users Report
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Why don't I get a green arrow when I've "checked off" all my expenditure detail items?
A: Proper fiscal management includes a review of planned expenses (such as commitments for outstanding purchasing orders and encumbrances for expected salary expenditures). If a budget category does not have any expenditure detail items and only planned expenses you must review the planned expenses tab and check the box in the blue header on this tab. This will take the budget category line to "100%" in the Progress column.
- Q: Why don’t I see all of my Budget Categories and their subtotals?
A: The system is designed to show only the Budget Categories that have current month activity (unless there are planned expenses). The totals and subtotals can be seen on the printed version of the Budget Balance Available (BBA).
- Additional FAQ's
Any questions? Please email us at Recon@virginia.edu.