Preparing for System Access
In Recon@UVa we use roles to restrict your access to data and identify your position in the workflow. For each project the following roles are used:
- Preparer (REQUIRED): The personnel responsible for the detailed reconciliation, including maintenance of source documents to verify all transactions are legitimate.
- Examiner: Optional role to assist in the review and approval process.
- Approver (REQUIRED): The personnel with fiduciary responsibility. Must have the appropriate knowledge and authority.
- Fiscal Officer: Will be notified of accounts that are not reconciled within 30 days and have viewer access to monitor activity.
- Deans and Vice Presidents: Will be notified of accounts that are not reconciled within 60 days and have viewer access to monitor activity.
For other questions about roles or the Recon@UVa system, please visit our FAQ page.
GM Role Managers
Recon@UVa roles can only be updated in the Integrated System (IS). Please contact your area's Role Manager if there is any confusion as to which individual should fulfill the roles listed above.
Requesting Changes on Sponsored Projects
Please follow this Office of Sponsored Programs procedure to change the Principal Investigator (PI) on a grant/sponsored project.