Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Below are the frequently asked questions and answers for the Recon@UVa system. If you do not see your question addressed please also view our Help Topics for more information.
If you have questions on terminology, please visit the Integrated System Fin/HR Glossary page.
Roles and Workflow
- Q: What is a "Role" in Recon@UVa?
A: In Recon@UVa we use roles to restrict your access to data and identify your position in the workflow. For each project the following roles are used:
- Preparer (REQUIRED): The personnel responsible for the detailed reconciliation, including maintenance of source documents to verify all transactions are legitimate.
- Examiner: Optional role to assist in the review and approval process.
- Approver (REQUIRED): The personnel with fiduciary responsibility. Must have the appropriate knowledge and authority.
- Fiscal Officer: Will be notified of accounts that are not reconciled within 60 days and have viewer access to monitor activity.
- Deans and Vice Presidents: Will be notified of accounts that are not reconciled within 90 days and have viewer access to monitor activity.
- Q: Can I be assigned to more than one role on a project?
A: A reconciler can hold multiple roles on a project, but may never be assigned as the preparer and approver.
- Q: What happens if my reconciliations are not completed on time?
A: The Fiscal Officer is notified when a project is not reconciled within 60 days (about a month overdue from the due date). The Dean or Vice President is notified when a project is not reconciled within 90 days (about two months overdue from the due date).