To provide additional context and documentation to your monthly reconciliation Recon@UVa allows you to add comments at every level of the reports (summary, budget lines, expenditure details). These comments stay with the month's documentation, including being archived in the printable budget report. If you need to document a follow-up item (something where you need to take action) you should use the Issues function.
To add comments:
- Click on the "pencil" icon at the far right of the page.
- Enter comment of up to 1,000 characters. We recommend that you include the date and your user id.
- Click the "Save" button.
- The icon on your report will change from a "pencil" to a "notepad." If you do not see the icon update click "refresh" on your browser.
To review or edit comments:
- Click on the "notepad" icon at the far right of the page.
- The field can be overwritten so if you want to add to the documentation insert your cursor after the original comment. We recommend that you include the date and your user id if you enter information.
- Click the save button.
For additional information about comments please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions Topic Comments, Outstanding Issues and Reconciling Items. Please note that once a comment has been created it cannot be deleted but it can be edited.